Common Brain, Head and Spinal Cord Injuries
Serious injuries to the head, brain, and spinal cord occur every day in the United States with over 1,000,000 injuries each year. These injuries can affect anyone from adults to teenagers, infants to the elderly. Brain, spinal cord and head injuries most commonly occur in traffic accidents but they can also result from falls, diving accidents, and sports injuries. Some common types of brain, head and spinal cord injuries include:
- Brain Contusion
- Skull Fracture
- Paraplegia or Quadriplegia
At times it may be difficult to diagnose a brain, head or spinal cord injury. If you think that you have suffered from one or more of these injuries, consider these symptoms.
Some Symptoms to Look For
- Headaches, nausea, and sleepiness that increases and does not go away.
- There are changes in behavior, such as irritability or confusion.
- Difficulty walking and/or speaking.
- Arms or legs become numb or weak.
- Loss of consciousness; varying from being dazed for a few seconds to slipping into a coma.
- Post-traumatic amnesia with memory loss of events prior to and following the incident.
- Altered awareness may be the result of a concussion.
- Seizure from malfunctioning nerve cells causing you to lose consciousness, fall and convulse.
- Unequal or un-reactive pupils that do not respond normally to light.
Serious injuries to the brain, head, and spinal cord adversely affect the victim and his or her family and friends far beyond the immediate injury. Financial hardships are endured with expensive medications and excessive medical bills. Social situations may also be affected if the victim’s injuries limit his or her ability to interact with others. Lifelong treatment and care require commitment and patience that may place a strain on one’s life.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury to the brain, head or spinal cord, you may be able to file a personal injury claim if the injury was the result of negligence or caused by another person. Medical costs can be excessive and you may be able to seek financial compensation for your expenses and any damages.
The Mandell Law Firm is an aggressive Woodland Hills-based personal injury and wrongful death legal firm serving clients throughout the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, and all Southern California. Our experienced and reputable personal injury lawyers provide hands-on care and sincere commitment to victims of accidents, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and all head injuries.
Let our experienced Los Angeles legal team help you recover maximum monetary compensation for damages and injuries resulting from a traumatic head, spinal cord, or brain injuries. Contact The Mandell Law Firm for a free case evaluation.