Accidents occurring while on another person’s property are common. Slippery floors, uneven walkways, and poorly marked changes in elevation can all cause a person to slip, trip, and fall causing injury or even death.
A slip and fall case can be difficult to prove because of the complex laws surrounding premises liability. For liability to be sustained, you must be able to prove that negligence by the owner or manager of the property led to the accident in which you were involved.
If you or someone you know is injured in a slip and fall accident while on another person’s property, it is vital that you gather important evidence that may be necessary to prove negligence against the property owners or property managers.
It is crucial that you take the following actions:
- Insist that the owner or manager of a commercial property fills out an accident report documenting the nature of the accident and make sure you are given a signed copy.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Take notes on any unsafe conditions that may have contributed to the accident, such as a wet floor, damaged staircase, etc.
- Seek medical attention right away and report all your injuries. Even injuries that seem “minor” at the time can lead to debilitation in the future.
- Call an experienced premises liability lawyer immediately.
- Never speak to the property owner’s representative about your accident or injuries. Always refer them to your attorney.
In order to fight a reasonable case against a negligent property owner, you will need the representation of an experienced lawyer. Our attorneys will offer the attention and understanding that you deserve.
The Mandell Law Firm is dedicated to representing victims of premises liability accidents in Southern California. Let our experienced personal injury lawyers help you recover maximum monetary compensation for damages and injuries resulting from slips and falls.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as the result of a slip and fall accident, contact Aslin Tutuyan or any attorney at The Mandell Law Firm for a free case evaluation.